Institutions of higher learning need robust interface with the industry in order to maintain the relevance of the programs offered. As a part of it, Christ Lavasa MBA Dept organizes various programs to connect with the Industry which includes Guest Lectures, Corporate talks, Summer Internship Project (SIP), Industry visits, Domain certification programs etc.
Summer Internship Project (SIP)
We have a unique internship programme which helpsto achieve on-the-job experience and helps to createa good network. The internship can be completed before the start of the fifth trimester. Internships which provide anopportunity for benchmarking your abilities with thatof industry expectations, often result in joining offers.The Summer Internship Project (SIP) is a great opportunity which helps in establishing mutually beneficial relationships between the industries which are seeking young and dynamic people with a fresh perspective on management and students who get to hone their classroom learnings and insights by blending them with real-life business. The guidance of Academic and Corporate mentor strengthens the very purpose of the internship to enrich their experience.
The industrial visits have a lot of importance for MBA students as to get an insight into its internal working environment which give them a solid foundation to gain real-world information. The students come to know how theoretical ideas are put into practice. The MBA students are exposed to work methodology, employment practice of a company with these visits. The main objective of such industrial visit is to provide students the feel of the actual business environment and to gain practical knowledge and skills, which in turn motivates, develops and builds their confidence.
Certificate training programs
The certificate training programs are given in all specializations to cope with the recent trends in the industry to name a few:Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Talent Acquisition, Strategic Innovation or Sustainability etc.
The purpose of mentoring is to tap into the existing knowledge, skills, and experience of high performing employees and transfer these skills to newer or less experienced employees in order to advance their careers. . Mentoring is integrated into the pedagogy which results in enhancing effectiveness of the programme in ensuring the transformation of students into professionals. Mentors are assigned to students and mentoring classes happen thrice in a week with structured and designated activities that help in the psycho-social development of the students. This is considered as an essential practise of the programme as it goes beyond the classroom dynamics helping them to grow and develop as business professionials. The mentorship session consists of upgrading the skills in all aspects from the technological, social and emotional point.
Clubs and Associations
- Finance Club - Harmoney
- Marketing Club - Marketing Monks
- Business Analytics club – Business Analytica
- Human Resource Club - Cadre
- International Conference on ‘IEEE International Conference (#54229) Trends in Quantum Computing and Emerging Business Technologies 2022'
- Maverick 2022 – The Marketing Event
- Stock Market Simulation gameby Harmoney, the Finance Club
- A hands-on workshop on "Technical Analysis" by Finance Club
- Infosys BPM (Business Process Management), Pune
- Corporate Talk by Mr Clifford Mohan Pai
- Mr Anurag Garg, Country Head Powertrain India addressed MBA students
- Guest Lecture on Investment In Equity For Finance Students
- MBA Students Motivated to Look Beyond
- MBA Batch 2019-20 Motivated To Find Their Strength
- Guest Lecture On Fintech / Financial Technologies By Dr Amarendra Sahoo, Ex Regional Director RBI
- Organizational Development Process explained by Mr.Rajesh Trivedi
- Book Review and Research Work Presentation by National School of Leadership and CHRIST Scholars at CHRIST, Lavasa
- Guest Talk on Digital Accessability by Mr Dhananjay bhole
- Workshop on Developing Business Model Canvas